We have faced the issues one time or another. You take every precaution in protecting your beautiful carpet in the hope that no accidents or carpet stains would ever occur while you are sipping a cup of soft drinks, drop of blood oozing from a sudden cut or your beloved pet just could not hold any longer to relieve himself. There are several ways for carpet stain removal, but it is for your advantage and remain concerned about some tried and tested techniques that help in removing some of the most common carpet stains. If not treated with proper care when they occur, can present you with larger challenges in the future.
Removing Stains of Soft Drinks
Different varieties of soft drinks are a culprit for creating horrific carpet stains on all sorts of carpeting. However, with the right procedure of cleaning, you can remove the stains of soft drinks even from the white carpet. Follow the steps below in removing the tough carpet stains caused due to dropping of coloured beverages:
- Firstly, gentle blotting of the stain with a dry white towel. Never rub the stain as this can make it more difficult in removing the carpet satin entirely and will lead to saturation of the carpet padding.
- You can try a mixture of white vinegar, regular dish soap and water in a spray bottle. Use a quarter cup of white vinegar, I tablespoon of dish soap and fill the bottle with water. Spray liberally in the area and let it soak for at least 10 minutes. Proceed with blotting with a clean, dry towel until the stains are removed.
- There are some carpet stain removal products on the market that are of great benefit for combating various types of carpet stains. These include Bissell carpet cleaning formulas, Resolve carpet cleaners and even OxiClean. If you find that the stain formed in the carpet is a stubborn one, use these as directed. Repeat the process with the vinegar spritz method unless the stain has completely vanished. Be sure to test a small area on the carpet. This is done to assure that there will be n negative impact form using any of these substances.
Removing Pet Stains
Most of the pet owners are faced with the challenge of cleaning up a mess or the special surprises that their adored pets have made on the carpet. This can be frustrating, but there are methods and substances that will help in carpet odour removal that are associated with these types of accidents as well as help in carpet pet stain removal.
Here are some tips that help in removing the pet stains from the carpet:
- First, clean up the initial mess. If there are debris on the carpet, pick it up with the gloves and dispose of it. If it is wet, simply use the blotting method to soak up the moisture without smearing it. Blot the area of the carpet repeatedly until the carpet has almost dried up to the touch and the stain is removed.
- In the vent that the stain has already dried up on the carpet fibres, the best way to treat this type of carpet stain is to moisten it. Apply a carpet stain cleaning product that have specially been formulated for combating with the pet stains.
- For neutralizing the odour and spot and carpet sanitization, you might have to try several tactics. You can try using vinegar (substitute with white wine) to perform this action. Mix a quarter cup of vinegar to warm water and spritz. Apply this mixture on the stain and allow it to be soaked for several minutes. Now process with the blot technique until the stain is gone and the spot is completely dry.
- Another method that would effectively help you in getting rid of the carpet stains is taking an in a spray bottle and mixing a quarter of water with a stain fighting laundry detergent. Now spray the solution on the spot. Allow the mixture to soak for a few minutes, blot and rinse it with warm water. Repeat the process until the stain has removed completely.
Removing Coffee Stains
Coffee stains on the carpet can leave a carpet to appear filthy unless it has been treated properly. The noticeable yellowish brown stain can easily be mistaken as a pet mess that has been ignored.
Follow these steps and simple suggestions that would help in removing the coffee stains effectively:
- Dry the spot by blotting with a dry towel. If there is a substantial amount of spillage, make sure you are not spreading the stain by repeated changing of clothes as they become saturated with the beverage.
- First, try by applying a mixture of water, vinegar and gentle non-bleach detergent following the spritzer method. Rinse the area and repeat the process.
- Several products that are sold in stores such as Target, Wal-Mart, Walgreen and other such chains are selling specific cleaners for these types of carpet stains. Remember to perform a patch test and ensure that the carpet is not damaged from the chemicals present in the cleaners. Use the cleaners as directed and beware that some chemicals are harmful to the skin so wear gloves as a precaution when these products are used.
- There are certain types of materials such as polypropylene that responds safely to the carpet stain treatment using water and bleach. You can prepare a mixture of ¼ cup of bleach to 1 and ¼ cup of water in a spray bottle. Let the stain soak the mixture and then blot and rinse it with warm water. Repeat the process unless the carpet stains have disappeared.
Removing Blood Stains
There is a lot of anxiety associated with staining of clothes and carpet with blood, however much of these dreaded occurrences of the accident is not as bad as appears. With carpet blood stain removal, you will have to treat the stain promptly as possible. As with all stains, the faster you act, the more effective the process of carpet stain removal will be. There are several ways for removing the stains that are caused by blood. Rest assured that you can be certain that after you perform the following tips, the spot will be removed to the fullest extent.
Here are some methods in removing the carpet blood stain:
- While you are treating the blood stains on the carpet, always use cold water rather than using hot or warm water. This is most important because blood coagulates with heat and cold water will prevent the blood from permeating into the carpet fibres.
- Fill up a spritzer bottle with 2 teaspoons of a grease fighting, dishwashing detergent and cold water and spray it on top of the stain. Liberally moisten it so that the carpet stain is entirely soaked. With the help of a paper towel or a dry white cloth, blot the spot so that the blood is transferred to the cloth. Rinse with cold water and repeat it as necessary.
- You can use OxiClean as it is bleach free and with its abilities helps to oxygenate most of the carpet stains as it is an ideal product for treating bloodstains. Although the product requires the use of warm water to be diluted, you can even use cold water and mix it as well as possible. Apply the mixture on the blood stained carpet using a bottle or by dropping some of it on the spot. Blot the area until dry, rinse and repeat if necessary.
- Keep in mind, removing the bloodstains may take persistence and combination of all these steps. After several tries, your carpet should look again like a new one.
Removing Ink Stains
It is a well known fact that ink stains causes extreme havoc on fabrics as well as carpets. These also result in destruction of the carpet without any recourse. However, with technology and trial and error procedures, there are better ways to get rid of carpet ink stains. With quick reflexes and a few handy household products that nasty ink stain will be removed from your carpet.
Here are some effective ways to remove ink carpet stains:
- At first, dampen a clean white cloth with isopropyl alcohol and then proceed by dabbing the wet cloth on the ink stained carpet. The higher the percentage of the active ingredient, the better it will work. Make sure to be careful not to rub or scrub the area. This could cause the ink spot to spread on the carpet. Allow it to set for a few minutes and then use a liquid friendly vacuum for removing the excess moisture.
- You might require for treating the carpet stain with the alcohol again. In addition, some hair sprays work, nail polish removers, and other things that contain high contents of alcohol. Alternatively, you can even use white wines and vinegars.
- When using any of these chemicals, make sure to rinse with water. Now blot or vacuum the area until the spot is completely dry.
- Make sure to test the chemicals on a hidden area of the carpet. This is done to make sure that these cleaning solutions will not lead to further damage on certain types of carpeting.
To Get the Services on Call
Most of the above explained techniques and procedures use household chemicals, cleaners and supplies to remove carpet stains. There are various carpet cleaning solutions that have specially been formulated for specific types of carpet stains.
With over a couple of years of experience, Ians Cleaning Services is one of the largest and the most experienced company for Carpet Cleaning Hobart. currently we are offering carpet cleaning services across the country with markets in and around Hobart. If you are worried about your carpet stains please call us for professional cleaning services. Our experts will provide same day carpet cleaning services at your doorstep.